Today I am sharing an amazing secret with you that might just change your life if you don’t already know about it… Ok maybe it won’t change life, but it sure will make your life a lot easier if you love glitter nail polish like me. In this post I will explain how using nail polish remover, cotton rounds, and some FOIL will remove that pesky glitter with ease. Since my post last Sunday was about a glitter polish I thought this was a more-than-appropriate post for today. I had read about the foil method on a few different websites, but never actually took the time to try it until now. Before I had always tried to remove glitter polish the old fashioned way, like I would any other polish, which only resulted in a lot of torn up cotton rounds.
So here, my friends, is the solution that will save you a lot of time, effort and torn cotton:
- I cut my cotton rounds into quarters, because you only need pieces just big enough to cover your nail.
- I also cut up some strips of foil, the same kind you have in your kitchen drawer. The foil needs to be wide enough to cover your nail and close up over the end of your finger.
- Next I soaked one of the quarter pieces of cotton round in nail polish remover. You want a good amount on there so it can eat through that glitter.
- I started on my left hand and placed the soaked cotton round on one of my nails and wrapped a strip of foil around my finger to keep the cotton round in place. And by closing up the the end, it keeps the nail polish remover from drying up.
- I repeated steps 3 and 4 for all of my nails. But I have to admit that I had my boyfriend help me wrap the fingers on my right hand.
- The easy part was looking like Freddy Kruger for 5 minutes while I waited for the nail polish remover to do its stuff.
- Finally, I gently rubbed and twisted the little foil packet on my nail before removing it, and the glitter, completely. (If there is still a little polish left over, you do have to go back over with your regular method of removal)
- Voila! No glitter and no messy torn up cotton rounds
This was so easy and successful that I actually considered using this method for taking off all kinds of nail polish! It cuts out so much rubbing, which was so nice. The only thing that has stopped me is the trickiness of doing my right hand…oh well. I hope I have convinced you to try this technique and if you already knew about, I am happy to join the club!
- Cotton Rounds ~ average $1.50 for 80 rounds
- Nail Polish Remover ~ average $2.00
- Aluminum Foil~ average $2.00 for one roll
- **Prices based on current Amazon prices unless otherwise noted
Thanks for reading, I post every Sunday and usually on Wednesdays. And please don’t forget to “like” my Facebook page www.facebook.com/BerryPolished for extra news! I also have a “nail ideas” board on Pinterest.com under the user name “berrybear”.
~ A. Berry