Hello Berry Patch, and welcome to the 5th edition of the Investigating the Indies series! I had the pleasure of interviewing Cindy, the creator of Shimmer Polish this month. She is the creator of a dazzling line of glitter polishes. And not only are they beautiful but they apply well too! And, as is common with all these awesome Indie creators, Cindy has an amazing personality One of the cool things about her polishes is that she gives them all girl names (similar to Zoya), so make sure to check out her store to see if your name has a polish – no Amanda yet….hahaha. And Cindy was generous enough to donate some of her lovely polishes to me, so check back on Sunday for a chance to win won of these beauties
1. First of all, what are you wearing on your fingernails and/or toenails right now?
- Sadly to say, I’m not wearing anything on my fingernails, but I do have a nice French on my toes with pearl and crystal accents! <3
- I have always been crafty, I started out by making jewelry and then went onto polishes among other things.
- I love nature and looking at what our beautiful world has to offer. I like using fun color combinations from pictures of nature, flowers, and of course my gorgeous friends and family.
4. Which of your polishes do you consider to be your greatest success?
- Cassandra, Jennifer, Gerry and Tammy.
5. We all know that perfection doesn’t happen overnight, so can you describe one of your biggest flops?
- Getting the perfect formula for the base. It was really quite a nightmare. Lots of testing and swatching went into getting the perfect formula that would wear well on nails.
6. What is one thing our readers would be surprised to know about your creative process?
- Cindy Shimmer is not based after me. I have a friend named Cindy as well.
7. What are your hopes for the Shimmer polish brand in the next 5 years?
- I think I may like to retire from the nail polish world in 5 years. We will see. I may even just change up the whole line or make something completely different.
8. Now for a tough, slightly controversial question: What are your feelings about Indie polishes being resold on eBay?
- I don’t mind that at all. I even sell to other distributors overseas. If it helps the general public access what they want, then I am completely comfortable with that
9. Ok enough with the serious questions! If you were stranded on a deserted island and could on have 3 polishes with you, what would they be and why (color names and brands please)?
- Opi Smitten with Mittens
- Ozotic 531
- Glitter Gal Type 0
10. And finally, if you were asked to create a berry-colored polish and give it a berry-themed name, what would you call it?
- I want to say Cherry because that could actually be a woman’s name, but I don’t think cherries are berries. My second option would be Cranny-B’s (Cranberry). Maybe even Gerry Berry…
~ A. Berry