- I’m wearing one of my newer polishes on my fingernails right now, November Rayne. It’s a blue jelly jam packed with holographic silver short slice glitter…GORGEOUS! My toenails are bare, as they most always are after sandal weather has passed.
- The inability to find the perfect ruby slippers nail polish! Nothing I found was doing it for me, so I started researching what I would need to make my own, and ordering a bit at a time. Once I made it, everyone I knew (and everyone who saw it) wanted a bottle of their own…And Cameo Colours Lacquers was born!
- I take a lot of inspiration from movies, music and books that I love, my family and friends, random things that strike me funny, as well as the glitters and pigments themselves. So often I get new glitter, and as soon as I see it in person the polish idea starts forming. I jot down the idea and tuck it aside for after I’ve tested the glitters, haha!
- Hmm, that’s a tough one! Sales end up pretty evenly distributed among my various polishes. I’d say it may be a toss-up between Unicorn Farts and my Labyrinth collection. Unicorn Farts was commissioned by my best friend of 21 years, who wanted a linear holographic base with lots of multi-colored glitter. The Labyrinth collection (which is still unfinished, by the way) is inspired by my all-time favorite movie, and it turns out a LOT of other people love it as well!
- The first formulation of my OZ inspired polish for the Tin Man, Empty Shell No More. It didn’t match the idea in my head at all! Instead of being a sheer sparkly silver with red hearts floating in it, it turned out a gloopy mess, the silver was too dense and you could barely see the hearts. I’m assured that it wasn’t really THAT bad, but we are all our own worst critics, and I’m a bit of a perfectionist!
- I sit down at my workstation, pop in my earbuds, and get so absorbed that I lose track of time and forget to eat…Whoops! I’m reminded when my blood sugar crashes and I start getting the shakes. Luckily my children are at school, so I don’t forget to feed them too, although once I was nearly late picking them up!
- I’d love to still be doing this, but on a larger scale. An assistant would be nice…And my sister really wants to be my shipping department, haha!
- I think that if you buy a polish and end up not being absolutely smitten, by all means, you should be able to re-sell it. I think selling it for a huge amount over what you paid for it is a bit shady, because it’s not as though you personally put in the time and effort to create it…But people have the option of not buying it as well. I suppose that puts me middle of the road on this issue.
- Aside from my Take It Off basecoat, Gelous, and a quick dry topcoat, haha…
- 1. Enchanted Polish – Across the Universe, because I love it so, AND it’s my favorite Beatles song. I can’t wear it without walking around singing the song constantly!
- 2. My own Click Three Times, because I can just sit around and stare at my fingernails for ages when I’m wearing that!
- 3. Pretty & Polished – Dolli-Pop, because it’d give me something fun to do, dip my hand in the water and watch it change, back and forth, haha.
- I already have a berry polish that my oldest daughter inspired me to make…Sparkleberry Punch! It’s a medium bright pink creme jelly with lots of berry-colored matte glitters and silver holographic sparkle.
Yay, another great interview in the bag. It seems like creating polish because you can’t find a color you want is a typical (and logical) way to start. And how great is it that she already has a Berry themed polish? I really like the idea that she is inspired by things she thinks are funny Well, if you don’t have any Cameo Colours Lacquers in your collection (or even if you do, haha) make sure to head on over to her Etsy shop ~ http://www.etsy.com/shop/CameoColoursLacquers?page=1 ~ and stock up for the Holidays (she has some great Christmas-y polishes!). She also has a Facebook page where you can keep up to date on all her latest creations. I will also make sure to add her to my Links tab. And be checking my blog in the next couple weeks because I will be reviewing one of her polishes and hosting a Cameo Colours Lacquers polish giveaway!
~ A. Berry